Well for those of you that don't know, my lil sister and her family made it through IKE without any major structural damage! Danette has put a post on her blog about the night that IKE hit Houston. She lives just outside of Houston so they got hit pretty good. Her in-laws had more than four trees get up rooted and one landed on their barn, luckily their horse trailer wasn't inside! At Chad's office they wet- vacced 20 gallons of water from the carpet and had to pull it out.
We are so grateful that they are all safe . Now they can say they made it through IKE...and in a way we have made it through too. It is tough having family that close to disater! We love you guys! Now, hopefully their power will be on before 4 weeks like the officials are saying. Pray for power! You can read her post by clicking on the McLane link!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
We are glad to hear they are all safe. And wow! I can't even imagine being without power for 4 weeks. All of the things we use every day... dumb little things like the blow dryer not to mention big things like the fridge, stove and washing machines! Seriously!!! We will be praying for them!
I was going to ask you about how she was doing and was thinking about her and her family this whole past weekend! I read her blog about an hour ago and was glad to hear all was well! I kept checking it all weekend to make sure they were all safe. That would be really scary! I'm glad they were really prepared! I wouldn't want to be caught in a storm like that without food, water, fuel, diapers or formula! SCARY!
What a scary thing! I am glad that they are all okay....how you are guys?
Post a Comment