We got to Primary Children's Hospital at 7:00 a.m. to get Logan registered for his procedure. Raylie stayed at my sisters house because they didn't want other siblings there, although it was ok to bring Lucas because he is a little "attached." I guess the hospital is running low on matching clothes and ones that fit properly! He LOVED the socks because he felt like spider-man! The room we went to first was for the PA to come exam him. Making sure he is healthy enough for surgery.Next the anaesthesiologist came in to talk to us. Then we put Logan in the wagon and he took him away! As you can tell Logan really didn't have ANY separation issues (thanks to the versed)! Josh and I on the other hand were quite teary eyed at this point.
After about an hour and a half the surgeon came out and told us that the surgery went really great! The lens was in place and it was looking like there shouldn't be any problems with it. Logans pupil had been misshapen we thought it was just were he got hit and he had damaged the iris. But the surgeon said the iris was actually stuck to the old lens! He said he peeled it off, put the new lens in. We are doing eye drops every 2 hours for the next week in hopes to keep it from sticking to the new one. After he left we waited another 15 minutes or so before ONE of us could go see him. Josh went to go see him first because they wouldn't let Lucas back in the main recovery. So once they moved him again Lucas and I were able to go back and see him. This is me loving my brave boy...he is still a little out of it.
After about an hour in recovery we were able to wheel him out in a wagon. This is how he chose to be taken out...completely covered! If you look closely you will see monkey's dark head next to his head! We got in the car and went back to Desirae's house to spend the night. This is how he spent most of the day, sleeping on the bed.
I thought that night was going to be horrible with a nursing two month old (who still is up every 3 hours to eat) and a little boy who just had surgery. But Logan slept all night! He must have turned at one point and the shield came off so I had to put it back on, other than that the night went fine. We had to have a post op appointment the next day.
Here we are waiting for the doctor to come into check his eye. This appointment was great because we learned that it was a success and that he can see three times better than before! The doctor was happy to see this so soon as well. We will have another follow-up appointment on the 17th of this month.
The next post will be Lucas's (late) two month post. He's such a chunk...you'll love it!

8 comments:
What a brave little guy! I'm glad it was a success and hopefully you won't have any more bad experiences for awhile! You've had your share for awhile! I'm glad the brakes got fixed on your vacation and that noticed the problem before it was to late! SCARY!
I am so happy for you guys! What a huge relief.
Funny kids! I'm glad this whole ordeal is over and that everything ahs turned out so great! Give him hugs and kisses from me!
I'm so happy everything turned out so well! What a brave little guy!
so happy to hear everything went so well. You guys have had quite the adventure. I hope things become more boring at your house...at least for a little while;)
Yeah gotta love the picture of him being wheeled away that versad is good stuff he does look happy. I am so thankful for priesthood blessing I know that is why it all turned out so well. Love the little man.
Jayce is really jealous of the cool eye patch! Maybe we could borrow it?!?
Wow, I just got done reading this post and then I had to find out what caused it. I went through something like what your little man went through. I am so happy that he pulled through. I also had a miraculous change in the vision of my right eye.
I went from a -10 diopter to seeing 20/30 out of it. I am 22 now, I had the cataract surgery just this last may. I would be more than happy to share my full story if you would like. Just shoot me a message at TheChaosElement@gmail.com. I am so happy for you. I know your son was blessed, as was I.
Post a Comment