Our goldfish has turned white over the past few weeks. Do fish turn white like we go gray? Does anybody know? Is there a fish expert out there? This isn't a very good picture, but he is indeed white. It is so weird.
I think it means that you're keeping the light in the fish tank on too much. I asked a guy at the pet store the same thing once about our fish, and that's what he said. He also said if you keep the lights off most of the time, they will eventually regain their natural color. I'm not sure if that's really true or not, though, because our fish never lived long enough to find out! I think it's a normal thing, though.
I think it's a sign of Wisdom. Just kidding. THat is wierd. I think I remember one of our previous fish changing colors but I can't remember why. You could probably look it up on the internet. Now if he dies, I will be expecting one fish stick packed in dry ice on its way to Texas!
I have no idea what is the deal with your fish. Maybe you accidentally got a really cool fish that will turn a new color every week. Let us now what color it turns next. J/K I hope it is not sick or something.
I too think it's the light. If you leave it on to much and the water gets to warm that can happen. It also could be the beginning of Ick, which can be hard to get rid of but there is some solution you can get for it as well... not that i am a gold fish expert. We had a white Molly fish and when we got our big fancy tail gold fish, the white fish turned black with silver stripes. Weird.
Brittany, i just looked on google and it said that it is because when a fish is in darkness too long, they lighten!? Well, now you have two totally different light reasons !! ha ha deb
7 comments:
intersting.
I had a beta do that once and sadly it had a watery grave not to long after.
I think it means that you're keeping the light in the fish tank on too much. I asked a guy at the pet store the same thing once about our fish, and that's what he said. He also said if you keep the lights off most of the time, they will eventually regain their natural color. I'm not sure if that's really true or not, though, because our fish never lived long enough to find out! I think it's a normal thing, though.
I think it's a sign of Wisdom. Just kidding. THat is wierd. I think I remember one of our previous fish changing colors but I can't remember why. You could probably look it up on the internet. Now if he dies, I will be expecting one fish stick packed in dry ice on its way to Texas!
I guess you'll have to call it your whitefish instead of goldfish now lol. I'm game any day for the park!
I have no idea what is the deal with your fish. Maybe you accidentally got a really cool fish that will turn a new color every week. Let us now what color it turns next. J/K
I hope it is not sick or something.
I too think it's the light. If you leave it on to much and the water gets to warm that can happen. It also could be the beginning of Ick, which can be hard to get rid of but there is some solution you can get for it as well... not that i am a gold fish expert.
We had a white Molly fish and when we got our big fancy tail gold fish, the white fish turned black with silver stripes. Weird.
Brittany,
i just looked on google and it said that it is because when a fish is in darkness too long, they lighten!? Well, now you have two totally different light reasons !! ha ha
deb
Post a Comment