
Josh served his mission in San Antonio Texas, home of Blue Bell Icecream (well the plant is actually in Houston). He wasn't able to go to Texas with us to I decided I would bring him home some of his favorite ice cream..Bananna Pudding! My sis in law brought some from North Carolina in May so I figured that I could do the same thing. On our way to the airport we stopped at Wal-Mart to get dry ice and the ice cream..well they had no dry ice. So we went to Krogers and my mom and I split up she went to get the dry ice and I went to get the ice cream well you guessed it no Bananna Pudding! So here we are with no ice cream and 4.5 lbs of dry ice! So we still had a little over two hours before our flight so we had Chad, Sharise and Logan go back to the Wal-Mart to see if they had it. While me, Raylie, mom, Danette, and Carly headed for the airport, my mom gets a call saying that the power is out at Wal-Mart and they are not letting anyone in! AHHHH! I am starting to panic now because I didn't bother getting him anything else. So we decided to try one more Krogers...couldn't find one, but we found a CVS. TADA they had it, so we bought it and life was great! Until we reach the airport... they wouldn't let us carry it on in a cooler that met the guidelines(and my dad just flew out of Houston with that same cooler with dry ice and fish the week before!). They told me I needed to check it..I had already taken off my shoes, so I ran back to check-in barefoot cooler in one hadn and Raylie in the other! The women there was very helpful she checked the bag in with no problems. Or so we thought. We made our way clear across the airport to our terminal and ten minutes before boarding they call "Logan Isom" over the PA. I knew it had to be the ice cream. So I took Logan up to the counter and they said they couldn't let the cooler through...I was very upset at this point! We were about ready to bored the plane in ten minutes and the only way they might possible let it on the flight was if I went all the way back to check in and pay $35.00! The man at the desk was saying that we probebly wouldn't make it in time...DUHHH! So even though we followed the airlines guidelines to transport perishable items they still wouldn't let it go on the flight!!! Poor Josh didn't get his surprise!

5 comments:
Oh MAN, after all that it didn't work out? Bummer. Raylie is so dang cute, I love it.
THat really does stink! If only they knew what we went through!
Oh my! That was an intense story with a really awful ending! I'm sorry that I'll your efforts were destroyed by our wonderful airport security. Poor Josh.
I agree with you Danette if they only knew. I would like to turn that onry TSA person in I am sure she is the one that Danette and Chad tangled with last time. She was even arguing with her superiors. I would have liked to stomped on her. Oh well.
We have that ice-cream here in TN. I should work something out with the post office. I think Josh could still have his ice-cream. Maybe the airport wanted to eat it and that is why they gave you such a hard time.
Post a Comment