Monday, July 6, 2009

My Grandpa

My grandpa passed away Friday July 3, 2009. He was released from the hospital around 3:00, to go home and be on hospice. He ended up passing around 4:00. All he needed was to be home. My grandpa loved his grandchildren and great grandchildren. While in the hospital he kept saying he wanted to see his grandchildren and there were great grandchildren he hadn't met yet. I did take Lucas in so my grandpa could met him. Here are pictures of Logan and Raylie with him. I am sad I could get a picture of him and Lucas.
He had a very talented GREENTHUMB! I remember going and picking peas from his garden and they were the best! I haven't found any to compare! He had a greenhouse out back and in it's prime it was GORGEOUS! He actually planted tomatoes, cucumbers, and, zucchini this spring.


I will miss his great sense of humor his two favorite lines, "Hey knock it off, and I'm gonna give you a knuckle sandwich." I will miss going up to his room and seeing him in bed in the middle of the afternoon! I remember waking up to the smell of bacon (early in the morning...he was always up by 4)when I would sleep over at there house. I CAN'T wait for the day when I can go and hug him again! I LOVE YOU GRANDPA!

2 comments:

Pauline said...

He will be missed by many but we have to remember that he is pain free and that we will get to see him again.

Peyton and Jayce said...

He was a great man! I know he will watch over your cute family!!