Monday, May 5, 2008
Shingles=OUCH
For the last two weeks I have been sick with shingles that started on my back and then to the front of my chest right where the bra strap goes and down my arm! Just take the pain of a sunburn and multiply that by about 100 and that is the pain of shingles..not to mention that they also itch and you can't itch because it KILLS! So after a round of Valtrex and Loratab I am beginning to feel much better.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

10 comments:
oh my gosh! I am so sorry! Who do you get shingles? and do they clear up easy? man, Id make you dinner if I didnt live so far away!
I think that would be my worst nightmare! You know how bad I hate any kind of rash! By the way, that picture really gives me the heebie-jeebies. I'm glad that's not a picture of your rash!
Shingles come from the chickenpox virus. If you ever had the chickenpox that virus lays dormant in your body and if ever under high stress or illness it can come. It is actually an inflamtion in the nerves...so OUCH. So I guess I have been more stressed than I thought! :)
Jaesi-Thanks for the dinner offer!
Danette-You definatley would have been freaking about the rash..it is a little itchy!
Oh I can't stand looking at that picture! We have patients coming in all the time with shingles on there face and it freaks me out... I feel like I need to take a shower in rubbing alcohol after I room them. Hopefully it clears up soon cause I've heard it is so extremely painfull!!
I had scabies once....just as fun as shingles :)
I can sympathize with you! I remember my bout with shingles all too well. I'm glad you got some meds to help.
I'm so sorry about the shingles, yuck! My husband had them and said it's the worst. Feel better.
Holy crap! I hope you are feeling better soon. Hopefully, you are over it now. I can't stand sunburn pain so I know I would never survive shingles. Feel better soon!
That is crazy! I am glad that it is out of your life now! You poor, poor thing!!! Remind me to NEVER get that!
Yikes, hope that clears up soon! How miserable!
Post a Comment