Saturday, April 12, 2008

A Hobby



So this is my little hobby. I started crocheting my senior year. I had high hope to make my soon to be neice or nephew a blanket. Well it took a lot longer than expected and little Josh was born before I got it finished. I decided it was a little to girly for him anyway, so I kept it. The second one is the blanket I made for Logan's blessing. I decided to use it for each child's blessing day. The third I made for Logan. The fourth I made when I found out I was pregnant with a girl. The fifth I just finished around Easter for a neighbor who is having her first girl, but the fourth child. The last one I just finished tonight. For a special little boy that is going to be joining our family in May. (For those of you that don't know my lil sis is pregnant, not me)! Surprise Danette!
This is something I enjoy and hope to get better at.

12 comments:

Lora Lovell said...

Holy Cow! I didn't know that you did that. I attempted while on bed rest with Brienne's pregnancy...since I didn't have anything else to do. It came out, should I say, "Special". But, my mom has done this for years and is now getting into knitting, and I have always envied that. I feel that I need to give it another try. Anyway, you do a beautiful job!!

Pauline said...

They all look great. You really do a great job at making those blankets special for someone.

Danette said...

Yea!! I am so excited! Thank you so much!!

Emma said...

Very cool talent. One day I want to learn something useful like that. And how cool to give such a personal gift.

Heidi and Caleb Sims said...

That is very impressive, cool, neat, and amazing! Homemade gift really are the best personal gift anyone can receive!! I do want to know how you learned and what needle you used. I have only made scarfs, but I want to make blankets. Please do tell us your secrets!

Des said...

Good job, Sis! They are all so awesome!

Tammy K said...

That is just awesome! They all look really good! I totally want to learn how to crochet! Believe it or not...John totally knows how to crochet and crocheted me a blanket for my birthday when we were still dating!

Josh and Michele said...

Okay, so I am jealous of your talent. My mom crocheted blankets and many other things our whole lives growing up. She called it therapy. Yea, she needed it with me and my five bro & sis. Unfortunatly, I was born without the gene.

Jamey said...

I love the blanket that my mom made my daughter like this...that is so sweet of you to make these as gifts. I bet they will all love them! You do good work!

jaesi said...

they are beautiful. I love the patterns.
I need a hobby dangit.

Julie Kohler said...

Those are beautiful! You are so dang talented Britt, no fair! I think the first (and only) blanket I ever started is still in a plastic bag somewhere... still about 6 inces wide....enough said!Sorry I didn't call you back the other day, by the time I got the message, and the kind of day it was.... you get the picture! We need to take the kids to the park soon though, either before lunch or after 3 is usually best. Maddi is a BEAST if she doesn't get her nap...moreover, Mommy is also a beast if Maddi doesn't get her nap!!

Kirk and Joan said...

Wow - beautiful blankets! You did have me for a minute there - I thought it was you expecting!